A few years ago I launched Bipolar Kid Connection. It has been slow to get off the ground due to all of the wonderful ideas that have flooded my mind. Bipolar kids need a place that they can visit and parents of bipolar children need a place that they can obtain up to date information, share their experiences and gain support from other parents of bipolar children. It is my goal to make this a site in which both bipolar kids and their parents can visit and feel at home.
In the next few months there will be many changes to Bipolar Kid Connection. Please come back often and see the changes on the website as they happen. The tentative plan is to grow in stages. Some changes that you can expect to see on Bipolar Kid Connection are:
- A Bipolar Kid Section: I am working with my daughter to develop a section of the website that bipolar kids will feel at home. Abigail will be writing about her experiences and expressing how she is able to work through both bipolar mania and bipolar depression. We are also discussing featuring a child of the month. Bipolar children are often quite talented. We will be asking for artwork, poems, music videos and more in order to showcase on Bipolar Kid Connection each month!
- A Resources Section: In this section of Bipolar Kid Connection I will update you on all of the new information I can find. There will be valuable resources in order to help you understand your bipolar kid better.
- Parents Tool Box: If you are the parent of a bipolar child you know the challenges. With so many people telling you how to handle your child it can get overwhelming. In this section of Bipolar Kid Connection we will examine various techniques in dealing with your bipolar kid.
- Our Experience: Let’s face it, so many times all of the information we read about bipolar kids is dry and boring. I would like to share with you our experiences raising a bipolar child. In this section I will be featuring guests as the opportunities arise. If we can all lean on one another for advice and support we will gain perspective and an advantage.
- Medications: We all wrestle with deciding whether or not to medicate our bipolar kid. The truth is that medication is sometimes necessary in the treatment of bipolar disorder. Through posting about the various medications available it is my hope that parents of bipolar kids will have a one stop place to find out the medication information they seek.
This journey will be interesting, but the vision is clear. Bipolar Kid Connection will hopefully be a place where both bipolar kids and their parents are comfortable visiting. My main mission in the development of Bipolar Kid Connection is to raise awareness of childhood mental illness and reduce the negative stigma associated with mental illness. We are all together in this. If you have additional suggestions on things that would be helpful to you as the parent of a bipolar child, please let me know. No parent should have to explore this road alone.
- Living Cells Used in Research of Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia (manicmuses.wordpress.com)
- I AM Bipolar (manicmuses.wordpress.com)
- Link in Autism, Bipolar Disorder, and Schizophrenia (bipolarmuse.com)